Saturday, January 30, 2010

Avatar

So I saw Avatar again. I cannot understand why parents would bring their children to see this movie? Aside from it being heavily loaded with subliminal messages, it is a pretty violent movie, and with it being 3D that does not help at all.

In the theater, there was a little girl who would cry for parts of the movie, understandably so yet even then, her parents/guardians felt it quite appropriate to keep her in that environment.

Being an adult I would hope that I am able to detect and refute value or spiritual systems that are contrary to my beliefs. However, children may not be developmentally astute enough to make the decision to refute the subtle yet complex systems expressed in Avatar . Entertaining yes, child safe, no.

Now, "Avatar: The Last Airbender", that I await.

No comments:

Post a Comment