Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nail Transition

So maybe you have heard of transitioning hair. If not, then I'll explain. Many people consider transitioning hair to be the period in which your hair goes from a chemically altered state and is being "grown" into it's natural state.

This may be going from a bottle blonde to your real red haired color. Or going from a permed state to your natural curls, or natural straightness (depends on hair texture and type of perm one has applied).

Well today, Is the first day since I have decided to "go natural" with my nails. But wait, hold the applause or the disapproals, I am not going completely natural. I like trying different types if nail polish and designs so that will be continued. What I am "quitting" is the use if silk/acrylic/gel wraps.

In short, this is when an artificial layer of protection is applied on top of your nail (not nail extensions). The problem is that these procedures leave your nail thin and brittle.

So today I have decided to "go natural" - in a semi-natural way.

Now, there was a recent establishment of a nail salon near my home. I decided to give it a try. Ladies and Gents. Exhibit A is photographed below.

I call that exhibit HOT MESS. This is what a quazi professional manicure looks like. She probably did not know that I would post this to my blog. The point is that whenever you do something, it's always good practice to do it well! I will not give the name of the salon. I mean everyone has a bad day, but you could bet that I will not be a return customer.

So. This is my first update of many. I just joined the following of this blog about nails. I love the authors content. I will share the link when I get to a computer. Until then, toodles.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment