Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jill of all Trades - I want to master at least one!

Hello world,
Welcome to my blog. This is one of many, as I am a woman of many talents, as I have come to realize. No, this is not said in a boastful way, but in utter frustration. See this is my issue. I am seemingly a Jill of all trades by a master of zilch and being the anal person that I can be, well, that just does not cut it. I hope to explore all the likes and dislikes that I have and then hopefully I could come up with the one trade that I could be come the master of. So far, this is my list:

Graphic Design
Web Design
Logo Creation
Jewelry Design
Wire Wrapping
Looming
Crocheting
Painting
Sketching
Drawing
Arts & Craft
Paper Crafts
Hair Design

The List:

Jewelry
beaded necklaces
wire wrapped necklaces
beaded earrings
wire wrapped earrings
beaded braclets
wire wrapped pendants
wire wrapped rings
beaded rings
paper jewelry
feather jewelry


Paper Stuff
bookmarks
notebooks
binders
airplanes ;-)

Hair Accessories
feather fascinators
headbands
scruncies
basic cocktail hat

Web Design
basic html sites
basic flash sites

Graphic Design
image consulting
photo editing
photo reconscruction
photo manipulation
logo design
flyer design
brochures
business cards
screen printing (dad and I built light-box, mostly him...hee hee hee)

Looming & Crocheting
hats
scarves
gloves
bracelets
necklaces
purses
socks
kid blanket
embroidery

Hair Design
sew in extensions
invisible weave technique
braids
braid extensions
hair color
relaxers
wash & deep conditioning
hair treatment therapy

Arts
sing
act
poetry
dance lol
contemporary painting

Fitness
fitness instructor
yoga instructor
water aerobics
multisculpting
weight lifting

Photography
macro (favorite)

I almost forgot:

Clerical
filing
organization
resume development
10-line phone system management
real estate listing
loan processing


The reason for this extensive yet not exhaustive list is for me to get it all out of my head and on paper. As I remember more, I'll add to the list, but all of this gets quite exhausting. I am pulled in so many directions (as you can see) and I'm afraid if I do not select one talent that is going to stand out above the rest, then I'll be leading a life of utter frustration!

Needless to say that this overwhelming amount of choices has led to the creation of many sites and a few small businesses. But I will use this as a way for me to grow, learn and find out what exactly it is that I want to pursue. I do not plan on advertising my sites on here, not now at least. I want to know which one is going to be the strong-suit, which may take weeks, months, or however long. (preferably sooner than later, I mean I'm not Benjamin Button, I'm aging not "younging"). :-)

I hope to post examples of my work on here, and over time, hopefully I could see where my strengths are and where my weaknesses are. Hey, maybe you can help me figure it out. :-)

Stay tuned, bookmark me, follow me, re-visit.

Youtube: simplyJaysmar@gmail.com
Twitter: Jaysmar

No comments:

Post a Comment