Friday, January 15, 2010

So many times I stumble across these great craft, diy sites...

I figured why not share?

So If you want to make a necklace and have no idea where to begin, for starters you could look it up on Youtube. I'll jump start you with this great video below:


Of  course there are multiple levels of jewelry design, from basic to intense. This is a really basic example of a single stranded beaded necklace.

A great jewelry source for materials and tuts is: Auntie's Beads and Supplies


If you dabble in photography, want to know a little more about how to take better family pictures or are a pro looking for another pro's perspective, I have THE site for you. I mean, he's very descriptive and clear.  Ken Rockwell's Digital Photography


Now I know I'll be adding more sites here and there, but here's a starter list:

DIY
www.eHow.com - how to do anything, just type it in a search, tutorials will pop up.
www.cutandkeep.net - this is great because its a community of crafters sharing and learning.

Online Storefront
www.esty.com - of course well known for HANDMADE and or VINTAGE products only. $0.20 per item listing. Easily connectible to PayPal.

www.ecrater.com - free, but great simple layout,  you'll be set up in no time, great alternative to eBay, did I mention that it's free? Only issue is that you have to get your own traffic, unlike eBay, if you do not advertise, then you're probably not going to get a lot of traffic.


www.rubylane.com - the place to go for antiques, arts, collectibles and jewelry. If you're selling on there, then last time I checked, there was like a $70.00 set up fee + some.

I visit a lot of sites frequently because they have the good stuff. I'm not affiliated with any of theses sites, no one is paying me for anything, I'm just sharing sites that I think are worth sharing. There are a few more, I'll add them in later on. Do you have some sites that I should know about? If so please share. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment