Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sims 3 for iPhone: "Jane" of all trades.


Ok, so I may be late on the Bandwagon here, but I recently downloaded Sims 3 for the iPhone. I played Sim City on my other cell and loved it, and was thrilled to see this in the App Store when I did a basic search.

Of course I was thrilled to see a "Jack of all Trades" availability on the personality traits of the SIM, and yes, this is what I selected as the trait of my first character. I started "re-creating myself" if you will, but then thought..eeehhhh maybe not. One me is enough for the real world and simulated ones.

I've been playing the game for about a month now, or close to it, and have learned a few tips and tricks...so to speak, and I guess I'll just share it with the world.

Tips for making Money
One thing a SIM needs is cash. That's how you get the nice house, the tricked out appliances the car etc.

First, get a job. Depending on the job you get, you will have different bosses. Get to know your boss. ;-) If you have a relationship with the boss, and ask for a raise, they will tell you why you cannot get the raise, which will give you something to strive for. Once you do what they recommend, you can get that raise which means more money for you. You can get automatic raises by spending time on the job. Just keep working and the raise will come. Please, resist temptation, don't take any widgets from work.

If you are working in the Town Hall, the highest level you can achieve is "Vice President" this level comes after "Mayor." The most money you can make there is $300 a day. Peanuts right, right.

This is where you must start getting a side hustle.

As soon as you have enough money to purchase a fishing kit, do so!

Fish your little heart out, because that's a quick way to stack up the cash.

When you maxed on on a few categories of fish, go to the "Quik Mart" scroll down to the bottom where you see all the fish you have in stock, then hit the (-)minus button. This is how you sell your fish to the "Quik Mart" and this is how you can make a grand easilly afterwork.  The good thing is that people come to visit so your social bar stays up.

When selling your fish, try to keep at least one "trout." If dear old Walter comes up to visit, he will cut you an offer you cannot refuse. He has the angling trait and will give you $200 for a trout. A trout would normally go for about $50. So save one, just in case. Or save one, go to his house and chat it up about fishing until he give you that offer.

I'll add more to this post, there is so much more to share, so I'll add it bit by bit. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment