Thursday, January 21, 2010

Too Late for Louisiana?

Millions of dollars have been collected to help bring relief to the earthquake victims of Haiti. A lot of the money collected came from everyday people with cellphones. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Red Cross among other reputable foundations set up electronic ways of making easy donations to the cause. This to me has been an effecient use of technology to help those in need.

I have been wondering though. Is it too late to partake in a similar cause for Louisiana? Hurricane Katrina ravaged the state and I'm not here to discuss what wasn't done or what could have been done, who dropped the ball and who did not. I want to point out that, well, there is still work that CAN be done. Life is not anywhere near normal for the people who lost their homes and loved ones in Katrina. Is it too late for American Citizens to rally up and help their own citizens? Is it too late to help rebuild Louisiana?

No comments:

Post a Comment