Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hiatus

An unscheduled hiatus indeed, but in my mind I have written many a post. Brahhhaaaa that I have  not been utilizing my iPhone app to post messages. Even if it is to write one paragraph, I must discipline myself by coming and sharing at least once every two days.

Well there it is.

What have I been up too?

Well for starters I had a little adventure on Wednesday.

So I had a marketing seminar in the city (Manhattan) at 6pm on Wednesday, but I also had another engagement in Queens that I could not leave until 4:30pm.  So here were my choices, drive to the city and keep driving all night because parking near Lexington is a nightmare, or pretty penny. So that was not an option. I have better things to do with lets see...$100 (that's how much parking would have cost for the time I needed). So I decided to be a little ingenious, ha.

I drove to the 59th Street Bridge. Found parking in the area, and decided to hop on the W train for like 2 stops, and tada....Lexington here I come!

Well...I was not informed that the downtown line of the W train could be likened to a rollercoaster ride, specifically at the part where it is approacing the bridge. This train took a wicked turn I mean, I'm looking out the window and not even a railing was visible, Just the street some 40 feet below!

Ay mamcita, suddenly the ads plastered all over the walls of the train were of special interest to me (it was either that or closing my eyes). My thing is, when I go to an amusement park, and choose to go on a roller coaster ride, I know what I am signing up for, yes I have been on trains that go around bends before(i,e, the 6 train en route to Parkchester), but something about this W...no no no.

So what did I learn from this. Don't book a seminar in the city so close to another engagement in Queens, that way you can avoid taking the W train! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment